With Help to Buy, you can buy a new home with just 5% deposit – whether
you‘re a first time buyer or you’re moving on from your existing home.
Who can benefit from Help to Buy?
Help to Buy is available to both first time buyers and existing home owners alike and means you can buy a new home with a low 5% deposit.
- If you’re a first time buyer we know how difficult it is to raise a large deposit to purchase your first home. With Help to Buy you’ll need to save just 5% deposit to get a mortgage, so you could purchase your first home sooner than you thought.
- If you’re an existing homeowner, you can use Help to Buy to trade up to a bigger property – even if you have limited equity in your current home, because you only need 5% deposit to move.
How does Help to Buy work?
With the Help to Buy equity loan scheme, you’ll need as little as 5% deposit to buy a new home.
The Government will provide an equity loan of up to 20% of the value of your property and you’ll need to obtain a 75% mortgage (80% in Scotland).
With a 75/80% mortgage, your mortgage repayments could be more affordable if you buy a home using the Help to Buy scheme.
Help to Buy is exclusively available on new homes.
With the Help to Buy equity loan scheme:
- Both first time buyers and existing home owners are eligible.
- You will only need a 5% deposit to purchase your new home.
- The Government will lend you up to 20% of the value of your new build home via an equity loan.
- The equity loan is interest free for the first five years.
- You may only need to secure up to a 75% mortgage (80% in Scotland).
- The Help to Buy equity loan can be repaid at any time or on the sale of your home.
Looking for more information?
You can also speak to one of our helpful Sales Executives who can explain how Help to Buy could work for you.